To join an existing Life Group contact Pastor Chris or Pastor Gaylen at the church office by calling 970-527-6151.
“And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.” Acts 2:46-47
Why be a part of a Life Group?
~A healthy Life Group ministry is one of the best ways to fulfill the purposes of the church and take care of many of the issues of evangelism that hinder churches from influencing the community.
~Significant life changes can and do happen through a healthy life group.
~They help people grow together through fellowship, discipleship, worship and missional living.
~Life Groups can help people develop a lifestyle of evangelism.
~They are a great tool for helping create a life of community.
Paonia Friends Church Life Group Strategy
- Life Groups fill a key part of Paonia Friends Church’s discipleship process.
- Life Groups are relationship focused and designed to develop spiritually growing people whose lives are transformed through community. It provides a safe place to belong, grow and serve.
- Each group meets at least twice a month.
- Each group will consist of a group leader and an apprentice. This is to enable training of others and to develop future leaders. Each group leader will have a coach to help train, encourage and support the leader.
- These Life Groups have an open mindset, which means they are encouraged to invite new members and grow.
- Each group is intended to have a missional focus. Missional living is the intentional crossing of boundaries from faith to non-faith in order to proclaim by word and deed the Good News of Jesus Christ. We believe this missional focus will enable our people to reach out and serve together in ways that would not be possible as individuals.
“But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.” James 1:22
There are many Life Groups meeting already and if you are interested in joining one, please check out the times, locations and contact information at the Family Life Resource Center in the church foyer or call the church office Monday through Thursday, 8am-5pm, 970-527-6151.
If you would like to print out a brochure: lifegroupsbrochure